Sometimes the performance of your peripheral device like printer may get affected after updating your Windows version. “0x0000000A” is one of such errors that might appear on your computer screen when you are trying to use your printer, after making changes to your… Windows settings. There are numerous causes of this error. However, it mostly occurs if there is any issue related to connectivity or printer driver. If you are facing the same error while using the printer, then read the blog to know more about this error and learn helpful tips to fix the same.
Microsoft ‘Fix it’ utility is one of the best ways to fix the printer error that you are facing. The Microsoft’s Fix it utility can also resolve the following issues in your printer:
- If you are getting an error indicating that your printer is not set as the default printer.
- If you are unable to connect your printer to your system or you are not able to print more than one document at a time.
- If there is any issue with your ‘Print Spooler’ service.
- If you are getting an error message suggesting that your printer is not connected to the network.
- It will help you to check and confirm if your printer is turned off.
- It will help you to identify the printer toner status.
- Identify if the printer has a paper jam due to which printer is not operating normally.
- It can also identify if there is any issue with the documents that are in printing queue and blocking other print jobs from printing.
- Check and confirm if you need to update your print driver.
- It can also fix any error that is indicating that your Plug and Play printer %PRINTERNAME% has encountered a driver problem.
Troubleshooting Method: Download and Run ‘Fix It’ Utility Tool
You can easily fix “0x0000000A” error with the help of Microsoft ‘Fix it’ utility tool. Read the below guidelines to download the same or if you are a new computer user and don’t know much about computers, then you can call computer support firms for quick online technical support. Technicians from computer repair firms will go ahead and help you to download and install the utility tool for you.
- Make sure your system is connected to the Internet.
- Go online and search for Microsoft official website.
- Visit Microsoft Website and look for the Download Center.
- Type the error code in download search bar and hit ‘Enter’ on the keyboard.
- Windows will show you the list of utility tools.
- Check your Windows version and system configuration.
- Now find the right utility tool as per your system requirement.
- Click on the ‘Fix it’ utility tool.
- Download the utility and save it on your computer desktop screen.
- Click the utility tool to begin the installation.
- Follow all the on-screen instructions for complete installation.
- Click on ‘Scan’ button to find the error.
- Click on ‘Fix Error’ tab after the complete scan.
- Restart your machine to apply the changes.
‘Fix it’ utility might have fixed the error that you are facing with your printer services. However, if you are receiving the same error on your computer screen, then probably a few applications, programs or services of your Windows might have changed due to the installation of any drivers program. In this case the ‘Last Known Good Configuration’ recovery method is one of the best options that you can choose to fix the problem on your own.
The Last Known Good Configuration recovery method will help you to restore your system registry information and drivers settings to a time when your system was working fine. Read the below guidelines to start your machine with the help Last Known Good Configuration feature:
- Shutdown your machine and restart it.
- Tab ‘F8’ key continuously until the Windows logo appears on the screen.
- ‘Windows Advance Boot Menu’ will appear on the computer screen.
- Use ‘Up’ and ‘Down’ arrow from the keyboard and highlight the option ‘Last Known Good Configuration.’
- Hit ‘Enter’ on the keyboard.
Now wait for a while and allow your Windows to resume its original settings when your computer was running without the error that you are facing.
The ‘Last Known Good Configuration’ feature might have fixed the “0x0000000A” error. However, if you are facing the same error message on your computer screen again, then it might be possible that your printer drivers are not working properly with your Windows operating system. In that case, you need to re-install the printer drivers on your machine from printer manufacturer website. If you are a computer savvy, then you can simply uninstall old printer driver and re-install the new driver again by visiting the printer manufacturer official website. Otherwise, you can call computer support firms for online technical support. Computer repair experts will go ahead and help you install the new printer driver as well as they will diagnose your system completely and try their best to fix all the issues related to your printer.