“0x8000FFFF” is a critical Windows error that might appear on your computer when you install any new Windows updates, software applications or restore your system with ‘Windows installation media.’ If you are facing the same error on your computer screen, then read the blog to understand the error and learn helpful tips to fix the same.
Windows will show you the error due to numerous reasons. However, below are some common causes for “0x8000FFFF” error:
- Windows will show you the error if you are using corrupt ‘Windows installation media.’
- Malware, Trojans, and viruses might cause the problem.
- You might face the problem if your Windows Registry files got corrupted due to recent Windows updates.
Troubleshoot Method One: Repair the Registry Entries
Registry files play a very pivotal role in the functionality of your Windows operating system. You might face the problem if your registry files are not working properly. You can resolve the issue by repairing the corrupt or damaged registry files. However, manually editing registry files is a very difficult task and it is advisable not to make any changes in registry entries if you are not good in technical knowledge. Incorrect registry editing can stop your system from functioning and create irreparable damage to your Windows operating system.
You can go online and search the best registry cleaner tool for your system. You can choose any trusted tool from the web and install it on your computer to fix the problem. If you are unable to find the trusted registry cleaner tool or don’t know which tool is best for your operating system, then you should contact computer support firms for instant online technical support. Tech support experts will help you to install the tool, or if required they will go ahead and manually clean the unwanted registry files from your machine.
Troubleshoot Method Two: Conduct a Full Virus or Malware Scan of Your System
If the issue persists even after fixing the registry files, then it might be possible that your system might have viruses or malware infection. In this case, you scan your machine completely with the help of your trusted antivirus software that is already installed on your machine. You can visit official ‘Microsoft’ website and install ‘Microsoft Security Essentials’ tool to scan your Windows completely. You can easily download and install the security tool with the help of available instruction on ‘Microsoft’ website.
Troubleshoot Method Three: Run the Disk Check
You can run the disk check from ‘Command Prompt’ as well as with the help of ‘Windows Explorer.’ Below are the guidelines for the same:
1. Run the disk checks with the help Windows Explorer.
- Click the ‘Start’ button.
- Then double-click ‘My Computer’ icon.
- Now you have to right-click on the ‘System Drive.’
- Go to the bottom and click ‘Properties.’
- Then hit ‘Tools.’
- Now click on ‘Check Now’ button that appears under the ‘Error checking’ dialog box.
- Then choose ‘Automatically fix file system errors’ check box.
- Now restart your device to start the disk check.
2. Run the disk checks with the help of command prompt.
- Click the ‘Start’ button.
- Then click on ‘All Programs.’
- Click ‘Accessories.’
- Now you have to right-click on the ‘Command Prompt.’
- Click ‘Run as administrator.’
- ‘Command Prompt’ window Screen will appear on your computer screen.
- Now you have to type “chkdsk c:/f.” in the ‘Command Prompt’ window.
- Then hit ‘Enter.’
- Note: If you will receive the following message on the computer screen then type ‘Y.’
- “Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)”
- Now restart the machine to begin the disk check.
“0x8000FFFF” Windows updates error might occur because of a variety of reasons. You might face the problem if you are using corrupt ‘Windows installation media’ or your system registry files are either corrupted or damaged, infections or viruses. If you continue facing the error even after apply the tips given above, then it might be possible that your Windows updates applications are not working due to incorrect system files settings. In this scenario, it’s better that you contact computer support firms for online technical support. Tech support experts will go ahead and rest all your Windows setting and install the recent updates for you and fix the problem by taking the minimum time.