It is true that fighting with the latest Internet security issues is a challenging task, but the availability of online protection suites helps in safeguarding the entire online experience. VIPRE free antivirus is one of the best software security options that can help to keep PC threats, online infections, and other system issues at bay. If you’re looking for a specialized solution that can help to encrypt your online activities and ensure a safer browsing experience, then VIPRE Internet Security is an ideal choice for you. Since the program comes with a couple of advanced virtual security features, it can help you to combat online crimes, virtual attacks, and malicious activities.
Read below to know five common problems, with their possible solutions, that you may face after completing the program install:
Problem1: Disabled VIPRE Search Guard Toolbar
It is important to consider that the VIPRE Search Guard is available only for Internet Explorer 8 or higher versions. If have completed the VIPRE install successfully and are unable to see the Search Guard toolbar in your browser, then follow these tips to enable it manually:
- Open Internet Explorer and click the ‘gear’ icon located the top-right corner.
- Open the ‘Tools’ menu and click ‘Manage add-ons’ option.
- Locate the VIPRE Search Guard Toolbar on the ‘Manage Add-ons’ window and click the ‘Enable’ button.
- Now, follow the instructions in the prompt to activate the toolbar.
- Once the feature gets activated, right-click the green VIPRE Search Guard icon to confirm that the feature is set to ‘Enabled.’
- Now, restart the browser for the change to take effect.
Problem2: Unable to Stream Online TV Utilizing Multicast
You may experience a couple of problems while running the Internet Security 2015 suite and Multicast Streaming together. The basic reason for the same is that the VIPRE’s firewall blocks the connections of IGMP, resulting in problems while running Multicast content. Apply the following tweaks to resolve the issue without taking help of a live PC technician.
- Open VIPRE security suite and click the ‘Firewall’ tab
- Click the ‘Settings’ option, and then click the ‘Exceptions’ option
- Locate the ‘Network’ section and select ‘IGMP’
- Now, change the action for all connection types from ‘Block’ to ‘Allow’
- Click ‘OK’ to apply the changes
- Close the program and try streaming your desired content.
Problem3: VIPRE Notification: New Network Found
The presence of the notification from VIPRE explains that a program has detected a new network. The notification may appear if the network connection to your home or office gets changed, or you have actively changed the connection. It is a perfectly normal message that you may get after completing the VIPRE install. Therefore, simply click the ‘Trust Location’ button to trust the connection and ensure smooth function of the best software security.
It is important to consider that you may see the notification whenever your device detects a new network connection. If you travel with your computer, then click ‘Trust Location’ button for the connections you trust, otherwise, click the ‘Public’ button.
Problem4: Can’t Print After Installing VIPRE Internet Security
- Double-click ‘VIPRE’ icon on your desktop or in the system’s tray
- Patiently wait until the VIPRE’s interface opens
- Click the ‘Firewall’ tab on the ‘Overview’ window
- Click ‘View Settings’ link on the ‘Firewall’ window
- Click the ‘Reset to Defaults…’ button on the ‘Settings’ window
- Select the ‘Reset to Learning Mode’ option and click ‘OK’
- Now, try printing or scanning something
- You may get a couple of ‘VIPRE Warning Connection’ windows
- Select the ‘Take the action I choose in the future (create a rule)’ checkbox to command the security suite to remember your settings
- Click the ‘Allow’ button to allow the application to process
- Check your printer for updates and by this time your device must be getting a print output
- Once the test print gets successful, go back to ‘Reset to Default’ settings
- Now, select the settings back to default settings and VIPRE will allow any future print actions.
Problem5: VIPRE’s Firewall Stops Windows 8 Store Apps From Functioning Properly
VIPRE’s Internet Security may cause several issues with the Win 8 OS. One of them is the Windows 8 Store apps (Metro apps) that may not function in a proper way while communicating over the internet. Apply the following tips to resolve the issue:
- Open VIPRE suite by double-clicking the desktop shortcut
- Press the ‘F12’ key or click the ‘Help’ menu
- Click the ‘Support Tools’ option
- Checkmark the ‘Install beta updates’ option in ‘Advanced Settings’ heading
- Click ‘Apply’ and click ‘OK’ to close the window.
With the ever-growing Internet security issues, it is becoming difficult for average users to protect their devices, networks and accounts from severe virus and malware attacks. VIPRE Internet Security is one such solution that can help you to secure your online experience, but the program also has several problems that may leave some security loopholes open. Undoubtedly, it is the best software security, and you can install VIPRE free antivirus to avail enhanced online protection, but sometimes it may create some problems that are difficult to handle. Read some problem-solving articles on the web to ensure that you stay protected and secure online!