The error code 0x0000001E is a common type of STOP error message that you may get on a Windows NT-based computer. The error message indicates that a problem gets detected by the kernel and Windows NT. The error causes the kernel to stop running efficiently. Problems in the kernel and Windows NT may display “STOP 0x0000001E KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED” error, which is similar to the “STOP 0x0000000A” error.
The common problems in the kernel include invalid addresses, bad pointers and other types of errors that may arise because access violations. A bug check of the “STOP 0x0000001E” error reveals that there are no handling routines for the errors in its Windows section. You may face the same issue even if most exceptions are directly generated in the section of code that is currently running. The error code message is caused by several factors that send a message through kernel when it identifies an illegal instruction or an unknown instruction. The unusual errors may occur because of the following reasons:
- Insufficient disk space on the drive in which Windows is installed
- In case where some third party driver installed on your computer is outdated or incompatible with your operating system and, therefore, needs an update
- A faulty or incompatible video driver
- Incompatibility issues with system BIOS.
Adopt the Following Methods to Resolve the Error Code 0x0000001E
Method1: Uninstall the Mouse’s Driver
The error code 0x0000001E may result in random blue screens, which can be identified by spotting the trends in the actual DMP files. The DMP files contain records of the sequence of events that leads up to the crash. In some cases, this error code may be caused by the gaming mouse and later result in the crash. In this case, to solve the problem you will have to uninstall the mouse’s driver by following these steps:
- Click the ‘Start’ menu
- Right-click on ‘My Computer’ icon
- Click ‘Manage’ from the list that appears
- Click the ‘Device Manager’ option
- Click the ‘+’ sign, located next to mouse and other pointing devices
- Right-click the ‘Mouse’ option from the drop menu
- Click the ‘Uninstall’ option and tick the “If asked to delete the driver software” check box
- Click ‘OK’ button
- Finally install a new mouse driver, and then restart your computer to effect changes
- After restarting your computer, you will likely not get another BSOD message.
Method2: Resolve the Driver Issues
There are certain steps for troubleshooting the error code message 0x0000001E. In most of the cases, the error code 0x0000001E closely relates to the driver problems. Identifying the affected driver is, therefore, the key to resolve the error code. Follow the steps mentioned below to resolve error code 0x0000001E by resolving a driver issue:
- You will need to replace the problematic driver in order to get rid of the error message. To do this, it is advisable to install a fresh copy of the respective driver from the manufacturer’s website or acquire one from a reliable source.
- Try to disable the identified (problematic) driver from the computer settings. Also, disable all the newly installed drivers.
- Now, properly install all the software that connects to the error code message
- Check your video driver and confirm that it is compatible with your current operating system. If not, try switching to the computer’s VGA driver or any other driver that is compatible.
- It is important to ensure that all your installed drivers are compatible with your operating system. To check whether your drivers are compatible with your operating system, visit the Microsoft Hardware Compatibility list by clicking the following link: http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/hcl/default.mspx
- Run system diagnostics check for RAM
- Finally, disable any remote control software, antivirus program, backup program that may act as filter programs
Once you’ve conducted the troubleshooting steps mentioned above, perform the following actions to resolve the error code 0x0000001E:
Freeing Up Disk Space
One of the common causes of 0x0000001E error is insufficient disk space on the drive in which Windows is installed. Freeing up disk space or reinstalling Windows on another disk with sufficient space will solve the problem.
Getting Rid of Third Party Drivers
It is advisable that you should only install a driver approved by the hardware manufacturer. Therefore, checking the latest driver updates and installing them appropriately is an ideal solution for fixing this error code.
System BIOS Upgrade
One of the main causes of the error code 0x0000001E is the BIOS incompatibility problems. To solve this, contact the motherboard’s manufacturer or visit their official website to know about how to upgrade it.
How to Identify a Faulty Software or Hardware Behind the Error?
Online PC support for 0x0000001E error code message can be found by contacting the computer manufacturer or by following the above steps for troubleshooting. The error code gets associated with hardware malfunction that needs to be rectified to prevent causing further damage to your PC. To determine whether the error code 0x0000001E is brought by a software or hardware malfunction in your computer, the first step is to restart or reboot your computer in Safe Mode.
Booting or restarting your computer in Safe Mode loads your computer without the usual software that you normally operate. If you can start your computer safely without any system crashes and error messages, it comes to the conclusion that the error message 0x0000001E is brought by a software crash in your system. To confirm that the error message is a result of a hardware malfunction, repeat the same step of restarting in Safe Mode and wait for a blue screen to appear.
If the Blue Screen appears, it simply means that a hardware malfunction is causing the error code 0x0000001E. Therefore, taking your computer for repair to a technician is the best option. Important to note is that, some antivirus may attack or destroy important files to your computer, so removing them could also be a solution to fix the Blue Screen errors.
Finally, update all drivers in order to counter such errors in the future and ensure that you fix all registry errors using the trusted third party software. Manufacturers of PC driver software include Intel, HP, Dell, Toshiba, and Lenovo. By visiting the respective websites of your computer’s manufacturer, you will be able to download the latest driver. Alternatively, you can download and use driver update programs such as SlimDrivers, to get the job done for you.
Steps to Find and Download Drivers From the Manufacturer’s Website:
- Create a list of make and model of the specific hardware that you want to download a driver and visit their official manufacturer’s website to find the same
- Explore the support websites of the hardware manufacturer and search for the latest and the best drivers available for download
- Navigate through the manufacturer’s website to reach the ‘Download’ area
- Choose the specific driver that you want to download from the ‘Download’ Category
- Download drivers that are compatible with your computer’s operating system. Note down your Windows version and select the 32-bit or 64-bit, depending on the architecture of your OS.
- Download and save the files in a convenient location
- Extract the downloaded files using an extractor program and if the downloaded file is in ‘.exe’ format, there is no need to extract
- The downloaded drivers will then update the hardware automatically. You may have to restart your computer after completing the task.
- Your drivers are now installed and updated.
Try any of the methods mentioned above to resolve the error code 0x0000001E. You can also avail online PC support to get the error fixed. If you think that you’ve tried all the troubleshooting steps, and it was of no help, contact your desktop repair technician immediately to seek advanced tech help. Windows errors can annoy you and cause serious damages to your PC’s hardware so get instant tech help to get such issues resolved!